Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Buy a Good Book, Help a Good Marine

One of my favorite social commentators and nationally syndicated radio talk show host, Michael Savage, has a new book, Liberalism is a Mental Disorder, hitting the bookstores today. $50,000 in proceeds from book sales will go toward helping pay the legal fees for 2nd Lt.Ilario Pantano, USMC. Go out and buy it. You'll get a good read, and at the same time you'll be helping a good man fight the politically correct, morally bankrupt bureaucrats that have been pussifying American social conscience and hamstringing our military for the last 40 years.

If you happen to not like reading, or for that matter, do not agree wih my choice of radio announcer, please remember the plight of 2nd Lt. Ilario Pantano, and donate toward his defence here. I am more concerned that this man beat these ridiculous charges than I am in trying to sell you a book.

NOTE: Many bookstore employees - I call them "bookstore bolsheviks" - at some locations of major book store chains will deliberately hide (or make it very difficult to find) books written by "conservative" authors, or basically anybody except Michael Moore or Al Franken. My last encounter with one such type was when I asked about the availability of one of my favorite books, The Haj, by Leon Uris. The little slime-ball sneared at me and pompously queried, "Why do you want that?" to which I replied something along the lines of, "When I want your fucking political opinion or input, you'll be the first to know. I just want to know if you have the book or not, asshole."

If you have trouble with a bookstore bolshevik at your local bookseller, we would LOVE to hear about it. Send it in.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ALT...would you like to leave his moms site address and I will add it to as an alternative link

8:55 PM  
Blogger Mae said...

Ahhh, Barb, it's not throwing the baby out with the bath water. As much as I like Medved and Laura Ingraham, they are clearly apologists for the GOP; they are giving you the Rep spin. I am not, and neither is Savage. That is the whole point: BOTH parties are selling us out; the GOP is doing it just a bit slower than the Donks would. Please, please, please, don't become a "true believer."

Does Mike go over the top? Sure he does, but that does not make his points invalid. I, too, expect much more from this administration and have shook my head numerous times wondering, "WTF, W?"

Please try to keep one thing in mind: While most things Democrat are bad, not all things Republican are good.

9:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you Barb, put the link into Joe's article while he is still sleeping.

6:18 AM  
Blogger Mae said...

Barb, like I said, Savage goes over the top sometimes, but I guess I just overlook a lot of it and laugh.

His lambasting of the Bush Bros. was done, I believe, to highlight the double standard that Dems and Reps operate under. Look at what the Clinton administration got away with:

Ruby Ridge, Waco, Elian Gonzalez. Federal agents were brought in, directly in defiance of the courts, and killed a woman and the family dog, burned alive and killed innocent women and children in Waco, and stormed a house in Miami in the early hours of the morning to remove a child to send him back to Cuba. If Clinton was able to do all that, did W and Jeb REALLY do all they could?

When are the Republicans going to grow some balls and just call out the Dems? That is what angers me about the GOP.

9:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. hardcore degredation Ratings botox Buspar algo my interchange easton adult baseball bats stand for plotters Honeymoon gift baskets best offer water bed mattress 401k plan retirement 20 Compare life assurance us

2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home