Friday, June 24, 2005

Apologies and Thanks

An apology and thank you to all our friends and loyal readers for your continued support during this strange time over the past few weeks. Thanks also to David for keeping this bird in the air.

Mae's mother suffered heart failure combined with a really bad dose of influenza. It has been touch and go for the last few weeks with Mae and I taking her mom to the doctor several times a week for check-ups and blood tests needed to properly regulate her heart medication. Until she stabilizes, any amount of exertion leaves her very winded, so Mae and to a lesser extent, myself, have been doing everything around the house; in addition to trying to keep the reigns on two very active kids, aged 11 and 12. I have also recently volunteered as an assistant coach for Reggie's rugby team.

As a result, we have been very busy, and I just have not had the time nor been in the right frame of mind to put anything meaningful together. We hope you can understand that "real life" priorities take precedence over "cyber" priorities.

We will be moving to Auckland where I will start work in the first week of August, but for now we're here in Rotorua still taking care of Mae's mom. I will not be able to devote as much time to the blog as I had previously, but there will be something every day. Instead of half a dozen posts per day, look for 2 or so. There will be much more in the way of pictures, personal stories, references to more outside reading, etc. In fact, there may be more on the weekends than during the week.

So please spread the word to friends and enemies alike that we're back, and thanks again for hanging in there with us.

And now for today's stories....

6 Comments:

Blogger Mae said...

Thanks, David. Mae's mom appears to be getting better because she is driving Mae up the wall. Seriously, Mae's mom is doing much better.

6:34 PM  
Blogger BobF said...

Welcome back. I sure missed you as this is the #2 blog on my list of must reads...Vilmar's is #1.

I hope everything goes well with Mae's mom. It's good that you two are there to help her out.

12:28 AM  
Blogger Tyler said...

Mae, I wish your mother the best.

I am very glad that the both of you are back.

8:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I have not been around here lately myself. My best to Mae's Mom. I will say a little prayer for you before I turn in tonight.

3:38 PM  
Blogger The Conservative UAW Guy said...

She is in our prayers...

4:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info
Hummer h1 2006 best software downloads Auto trends roof rack pontiac convertible parts Hot tub parts online Cheapest prices on car component speakers Program buick keyless remote 11jeep roof racks Cadillac engine coolant Cell phone tracing Video post com thule roof rack football ticket Roof rack for popup camper

4:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home