Monday, June 06, 2005

The Mae and Joe Update

Hi folks! Well, my new job is not yet final, but I should find out by the end of this week. In the interim Mae and I are in the guest house in the back property of her mom's place here in Rotorua so we can be ready to go at a moment's notice.

Winter is officially here as the night time temps are now regularly below freezing. The air is crisp and clean, and the night time skies are spectacular when there are no clouds - it's like being in a planetarium.

There is a problem with the phone line in the guest house - the service is "on," but the line is dead - so I am currently at an internet cafe. If I have more time tomorow I will come in and make a post or two. One story of interest in relation to the story about the San Diego mayor's race (kinda) is the fact that morning talk show host at KFMB760, Rick Roberts, is being sued by the ACLU for his support of keeping the cross at the war memorial atop Mt. Soledad. For more info click on our link to KFMB760 on the right sidebar, and click the link to the Rick Roberts home page. I will try to find a story about it in the paper and put it up tomorrow.

That's it for now. Hopefully we'll have a connection soon at the house and back up and running shortly. David, aka DR@HDfixit, has the helm. Be good and we'll see you all again very soon.

1 Comments:

Blogger BobF said...

Glad to hear things are going good. I sure miss your posts.

8:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home