Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Woohoo...welcome to the Family...PGB

Enjoy, elation and every other happy thought, Paul Buchannan accepted my offer to adopt him, the privilege I feel is overwhelming.

" Thanks Mae:

That is very sweet of you, and I am flattered. Since I am divorced/single with grown-up kids in the US, it is nice to know that I have been "adopted" by someone here in NZ. And Maori to boot! (my first girlfriend here was Maori, it was a great introduction to the culture for a recently arrived foreigner).

Anyway, I am the better for it.

I hope to be able to continue to write in a way that meets your expectations."


I should have posted this a few days back but I was side tracked with other more pressing matters, school holidays, children at home causing distractions and mayhem, oh the joys of being a mother.

I digress once more, so let me introduce you to a writer I have come to greatly respect and admire as I am sure you will also:

Resume of Paul G. Buchanan - full here

Paul G. Buchanan was born on October 15, 1954 in West Hempstead, Long Island. At age seven his family moved to Argentina, where he remained until entering college. He received his BA in Political Science cum laude from St. Michael's College in 1976, his MA in Government with Honors from Georgetown University in 1978, and his Ph.D. in Political Science from the University of Chicago in 1985.

I posted one of his pieces earlier on here Torture and Terror...read the article if you have not already, and enjoy.

So welcome to Paul and his family now my extended family......PGB, AJB, PGB, PFGB, NPGB and TGB