Monday, May 16, 2005

EDITORIAL: The Difference Between Us and Them

This story is REALLY HOT and, rather than bore you with a re-hash of what has been so heavily and admirably covered by our fellow bloggers, I thought I would share with you my perspective based on just one tiny sentence in that article which may or may not have already occurred to you.

Have you ever gotten into a debate or argument with a moonbat, and they say something along the lines of, "We (the US) are just as bad when we (President Bush) speak of doing things in the name of God. What makes us right and them (the Muslims) wrong? What's the difference between us and them?" Next time you hear some lame attempt at neutral and independent "thinking" like that, simply say with a slowwww, deliberate cadence in a very calm, matter-of-fact, semi-monotone indicative of a sense of haughtiness and just a touch of arrogance:
Desecration of the Koran is punishable by death in Afghanistan and Pakistan.
At that point you may choose to either leave it at that and walk away, or stick around for the facial contortions and thousand yard stare to develop as confusion sets in. Of course, the perfect follow-up (should one be necessary): "Is there a law on the books in the US that says desecration of the Bible is punishable by death?"

To the best of my knowledge, there isn't any such law, and regardless of whether you are agnostic, atheist, Buddhist, Christian, deist, Druid, Hindu, Jew, Muslim, nihilst, Wiccan, or "other," you must realize that. Yes, the evangelist-types on TV or the ones who attempt to proselytize while you're at the mall may bother you, but they are not calling for your death if you don't believe. The muderers of abortion clinic doctors may disgust you, but they are so few and far between and WIDELY DENOUNCED by most sane, rational people, Christian and non-Christian alike, that they are not even worth mentioning.
Desecration of the Koran is punishable by death in Afghanistan and Pakistan.
There is no equivalent law or anything that even comes close to it in the US or any other civilized country that could be called a "Christian nation." It represents the very essence of what makes us different from them. Remember that.

20 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let me tell you something else Joe. My parents are Iranian Jews, and they told me that giving your dog (or cat) a Biblical name like Moses (Mussa)or Mohammed is also punishable by death.

2:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That would be another good thing to tell these moonbats.

2:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And finally, they told me to never ever joke about such a thing in front of a Moslem.

2:40 PM  
Blogger Mae said...

Wow, Lisa. I guess it goes to further my point.

Have you read our Book of the Month, "The Haj," by Leon Uris? I am preparing a review of sorts, and the theme will be the difference between us and them and how the book illustrates that.

Thanks for stopping by.

2:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They now think that the article was incorrect.

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=topNews&storyID=8495126

It is still lunacy however. I will name my next cat Mohammed.

2:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Monday to my friends in the future, by the way.

2:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read The Haj a long time ago. It gives some good perspective on what is going on over there.

2:52 PM  
Blogger Mae said...

Hi Stan, hope you had a good weekend.

Yeah, we'vee been reading all the crap about Newsweek not corroborating the story, yada yada. What else is new with the MSM? I was just reading the article we linked to and that sentence just struck me. That is a fact regardless if the story is true.

I mean, would people be rioting in the street if one person burned or flushed or whatever one Bible?

2:52 PM  
Blogger Mae said...

Stan, it's downright eerie how telling some of the passages are from that book. If I was a high school or college English teacher, would I get in trouble for putting it on a reading list?

2:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks. I think I'll pick up a copy.

3:23 PM  
Blogger Mae said...

Lisa, you might find the book hard to ahold of. Amazon or something like it may be your best bet. Plus, the libs that I call bookstore Bolsheviks posing as clerks may give you a hard time when you inquire about it at your local book seller.

3:29 PM  
Blogger Mae said...

*get ahold of

5:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joe, I just linked to your post.

http://www.theurbangrindblog.com/2005/05/15/newsweek-backtracks-on-its-koran-desecration-story/

5:42 PM  
Blogger Mae said...

Lisa, THANK YOU so much! We got linked to Chrenkoff yesterday for that post we did last week on the Muslim propaganda network in Britain and their possible impact on the elections; our numbers took off pretty well, even for a weekend.

I was looking at your blog today and saw that you had covered the shooting of the guy in Compton last week, where the cops fired like 120 rounds and hit the guy 4 times. I didn't do anything with when I heard about it - I was listening to Hugh Hewitt and it was local breaking news on his station - but I may now. I'll link to your story on that.

Once again, THANKS, and we hope you had a good weekend. Isn't it a bit late for you, young lady? LOL!

Cheers

5:51 PM  
Blogger Noff said...

Firstly mates, you must understand that you shall never quite understand Islam and Muslims unless you have lived in a Muslim country. We are perpetually besought with issues of extremism and lack of education. We certainly are much more sensitive, so why-oh-why would you wish to poke "the bear"? You know that we react strongly.
Secondly, I request stanley that he not name his cat after our Holy Prophet. We Muslims believe in Christ as a prophet, the Bible as a holy book, the Virgin Mary and the same God; and have never in our history and present insulted the mentioned, as this too is a sacrilege in Islam.

6:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Joe,

I am totally NOT a morning person. Besides which, I don't have broadband internet access at work. So blogging with an AOL dial up connection is a pain. Unfortunately, I I stayed up a bit too late last night and still couldn't sleep. Oh well.

4:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lisa-I didn't know you were a member of the tribe*grin*
Shalom to you and yours!
(I was born Jewish-Ashkenazic-with some British "WASP" thrown in for kicks)

12:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn, I am looking for a new cat today! Pardon me, but I am about to go to the city pound.

1:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

shalom to you too Barb.

3:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site! Rule to shooting craps coffee keurig maker review Lasik surgery dallas tx 2000 pontiac gr am left elect mirror http://www.coffee-espresso-maker.info/Coffeemakers4.html ferritin nexium Free cartoon hardcore Washer malleable Attention powerball players swimming voyeur

12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home