Thursday, April 28, 2005

Reuters Finds Self Defense "Odd"

"TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (Reuters) - Florida Gov. Jeb Bush signed a new anti-crime law on Tuesday that allows people to kill in self-defense without first trying to flee."

Yes, Reuters chose to put what I consider common sense into the "Oddly Enough" news category. I have come to expect nothing less from them. While I do not feel the need, as a civilian, to own or carry a gun, I have no problem with others exercising their CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT to do so. I am not worried about getting shot any more than I am about getting run over by a bus. I don't fuck with people, and I don't shoot pool in bars for money, which improves your chances of NOT being shot by at least 90%. For me the average room has about 100 potential lethal "weapons of opportunity," and I have a very developed sense of "situational awareness" which has afforded me the element of surprise before the shit hits the fan on more than one occassion. But that's just me.

Good on ya, Governor Jeb!

*Hat tip to Vilmar