Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Rock Trivia

Back in the late '60s and early '70s a really cool cat named John Kay led a band named Steppenwolf ("Magic Carpet Ride", "Born to be Wild"). They had a great song in which Kay implored God to damn somebody or something. Who or what was Kay referring to? Was it:
  1. nuclear weapons?
  2. the Soviet Union?
  3. President Nixon/the Vietnam War?
  4. drug pushers?
  5. Muslims?
***************************************
Before the Eagles became hugely successful on their own they were the back-up band for which female vocalist? (hint: She has since put on A LOT of weight and was a very outspoken moonbat during last year's presidential campaign.)

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

drug pushers. I have that album.

1:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and Linda Ronstadt on her "Silk Purse" album. Missed that part of the quiz...

1:31 AM  
Blogger Mae said...

Damn, I can't trick you older guys! LOL! I was hoping to stump some of our younger readers.

My media player of choice is Winamp, and it has a random play feature. With the thousands of songs we have in the 'puter, it's like having a built-in radio station. "The Pusher" popped up last night and inspired me to post this little quiz. That song ROCKS!

www.winamp.com

9:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually I was thinking Joni Mitchell.
Hey-I wasn't born 'til '70.
What do I know.

1:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Older than what?

3:19 PM  
Blogger Mae said...

Stan, I meant old enough to remember Steppenwolf...LOL!!! We must remember that so many kids born after 1980 don't know what year we went to the moon, thanks to the marvelous job our schools do in educating them.

3:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. » »

3:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home